We are a bicycle tour company specialising in road bike tours. We take only small groups to ensure we can provide you with exceptional personal service and a cycling and cultural experience that will long be remembered. We venture onto less travelled paths to show you the true beauty of Italy, France, Spain, Croatia, Norway, Slovenia and Greece allowing you to discover the most beautiful places in those countries.
We offer a variety of tours to suit cyclists of all abilities - from the casual cyclist to the serious amateur racer wanting to test themselves on the most challenging of routes. If you are looking for something more personalised, we can prepare a tour customised to your requirements.
All our tours are identified with a difficulty rating so it’s easy to choose a tour that best suits your cycling ability and experience.
What makes us different?
The feedback we receive from our guests who have had experience travelling with other tour companies is that the quality of hotels is better, the hire bikes are of a higher standard, the Garmin navigation is superior to typed route notes, and the fact that a principal of PuntoTours is on each tour, ensures for a higher standard of service. Some of the key differences are:
- Small groups - we limit our group size to 12 guests (except for Custom and Guinea Pig tours)
- Quality hire bikes - top-end Wilier carbon bikes
- Inside track - we know the best places to go and the best roads to ride
- Garmin navigation - don't put up with printed route notes; we provide every Guest with a Garmin GPS unit
- Better quality hotels - our Guests constantly tell us that the chosen hotels are of a higher quality than anticipated
- Hands-on guiding - every tour we conduct has a minimum of two experienced Guides; we do not use novice guides
- Riding ability and age - all our tours are clearly identified with difficulty ratings. We work hard to ensure that you are registered for the right tour.
Garmin - our 'other' Guide
We thoroughly brief you before each ride, and our guides and road support are with you all the way, but PuntoTours likes to ensure each tour member has their own map and instructions when on the road. PuntoTours equips every bike with a Garmin GPS unit for the duration of the tour, uploaded with daily routes. Garmin does the map reading for you, providing direction notification and homing, as well as recording your daily stats of time, distance, length of ascent, course profile, route and calorie consumption. We will assist you establish a Garmin web account for you to upload your personal data into, allowing you to access that data to show family and friends where you went on your PuntoTour!
What's included in the price?
When you book a tour with us, the following* is included in the price:
- All hotel accommodation in minimum 3 star, usually 4 star, hotels (twin share)
- All breakfasts
- All dinners (except 1)
- 2 Guides on tour (one fully qualified mechanic)
- Van support throughout tour
- All in-tour transfers
- Snacks and foods supplements, including electrolytes during rides
- Activities - these depend on the region we are visiting. Examples include wine/cheese/olive oil tastings, boat trips.
- Garmin GPS loan unit with maps for duration of tour
- 1 PuntoTours cycling kit (cycling jersey, knicks and socks) per guest
- 1 day pack per guest
- 2 bidons
- Detailed printed Tour information booklet
* Subject to change for Custom and Discount Tours