25 - 28 August 2017 (9 PLACES REMAIN)
- Short Tour, 3* accommodation, twinshare, €1350
- Short Tour, 3* accommodation, Single room, €1590 - additional €240.00
- Short Tour, Upgrade to 5* accommodation, Twinshare, €1800 - additional €450.00
- Short Tour, Upgrade to 5* accommodation, Single room, €2080 - additional €730.00
- Full Tour, 8 days/7 nights, 3* accommodation, Twinshare, €2950 - additional €1,600.00
- Full Tour, 3* accommodation, Single room, €3430 - additional €2,080.00
- Full Tour, Upgrade to 5* accommodation, Twinshare, €3900 - additional €2,550.00
- Full Tour, Upgrade to 5* accommodation, Single room, €4460 - additional €3,110.00
If you have qualified for this wonderful event and are serious about putting in a good showing, you’ll need to be prepared! Many of you will be travelling a great distance to be in France. The tour programme we have put together will get you ready and aim to have you perfectly prepared for the event(s) you’ve qualified for.
We’ll take care of all logistics. You’ll feel like a pro from the time we collect you from the airport. You can choose the full 8 day package, or shorter 4 day package, with a choice between 3* or 5* accommodation, twinshare or single.
Your tour includes:
- Choice of 8 day/7 nights or 4 days/3 nights packages
- Seven (or three) nights accommodation in a beautiful hotel close to the race village (twinshare)
- 1 Group shuttle on arrival (from Toulouse-Blagnac airport, 20th August, 15:00; Short tour 25th August, 15:00)
- 1 Group shuttle on departure (to Toulouse-Blagnac airport, 28th August, 09:30)
- All breakfasts and evening meals at hotels and restaurants
- Comprehensive support from qualified mechanic
- Experienced staff providing ride strategy, local knowledge and individual guidance
- Private masseur
- Complimentary sport food and drink bottles
- Exclusive PuntoTours support station throughout the race
- Complimentary PuntoTours riding kit (jersey, bibs and socks)
- Laundry service (cycling kits only)
Your hosts are very experienced racers. Our tour leader has won the Haute Route Pyrenees in 2014, came 3rd outright in the Haute Route Triple Crown event for 2015 and finished 9th in the last UCI World Championship event in Perth, 2016.
Course details of the World Championship GF UCI 2017 in Albi here.
Day One - 21st August (Full tour first day)
We will collect you from the airport, deliver you to the hotel and assemble your bike. We will then take you for a small warm-up ride in the Albi surrounds to tease out some of the jet-lag.
Day Two - 22nd August
We will ride the Road stage for the UCI event. We will have a support vehicle following us, so you can choose to only do part or the entire ride. We’ll scout the entire route and discuss tactical opportunities and threats.
Day Three - 23rd August
Today we will scout the time trial course and for those wanting to do some extra, we have two optional scenic rides.
Day Four - 24th August
Today is ITT race day. We’ll have you there ready for the start and you’ll have the luxury of waiting in our tent for your race to start. We’ll have a windtrainer there should you wish for warm-up purposes. For those not competing in the time trial, we’ll have a easy ride planned for you.
Day Five - 25th August (Short tour first day)
Today is Team Relay day. If you’re participating in this event, here’s some additional information: The Teams Relay is relatively new event to the UCI Gran Fondo World Championship. Competitors race in teams of four representing their country. Teams must include a female rider, a rider aged 40+ and a rider aged 50+. Teams can choose their own race order, making it a very strategic and exciting event.
Riders will compete on a Criterium circuit through Albi town. Competitors must complete three laps of the course before their teammate can begin.
For those not competing in the team relay, we’ll have a easy ride planned for you.
Day Six - 26th August
Easy ride and rest before tomorrow’s road race. We have a number of great rides of different lengths which we can decide on the day. Again we’ve got a great restaurant lined up for ideal carbo loading.
Day Seven - 27th August
Today is Race Day! The good thing is that you will have already scouted the course with us, knowing where you will launch your attack! Again you’ll have our tent to prepare in. We’ve got an excellent restaurant lined up to celebrate what will have been a great day out!
Day Eight - 28th August
Goodbye! We’ll assist you with the packing of your bike and shuttle you to the airport.
Recommended Arrival Airport: Toulouse-Blagnac
Recommended Departure Airport: Toulouse-Blagnac